Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2169 Ignoramus2169 is offline

Default I find myself surprised to agree with Sen. McCain

On 2016-01-25, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/24/2016 7:28 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
So we swapped in a lighter, cheaper 20mm cannon and unloaded them on
the Russians as Lend-Lease. Neither side on the Eastern Front had
high-altitude bombers to attack or defend, the air fighting was at low
altitude unlike over Europe, and the Russians made very good use of
the P-39 against the Me-109.

Field-expedient flying artillery:
http://www.tailsthroughtime.com/2012...er-bomber.html

-jsw

IIRC, the Russians LOVED the P-39. Now, the P-38 was one of my favs,
I'm building another model of one now, a 40" balsa.

Would love to see pictures of those models... How do you paint balsa?