Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Electric Blanket Problem Solved

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 04:37:11 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 2:40:01 PM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 1:57:03 PM UTC-6, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I bought an electric blanket, used it for 2 months and it stopped heating up. I swapped controllers with another of the same blanket and isolated the problem to the controller. I opened it up, didn't see anything obviously burned, etc., and was not able to troubleshoot it without a schematic.

It was after the 30 day return period and the store wouldn't take it back. Contacted the maker and could not get through by email or phone.

So I bought another blanket just like it, swapped out the controller and returned the new blanket for a full refund. Such is life in the new world of Chinese-made crap.

I know a guy who used to do that with consumer electronics. If he had one that quit working, he'd buy a new one then put the broken one in the new packaging after swapping the back cover that had the serial number then return it for a refund. The guy was always looking for a way to scam or cheat someone. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Honest Monster

Sounds like he is a crook. Electric blanket is IMO, bad for health.
Exposing body to EM energy. It is known fact people living near the
HT transmission towers have higher rate of cancer. I know a fellow who
was a tech on high power radar system, for some reason he was infertile.

He wasn't wearing his shielded panties or wire mesh jockstrap. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Nuked Monste

Or perhaps he had mumps as a kid? Or any of a myriad other causes of
reduced fertility (or infertility).

I remember growing up it was drilled into our heads not to sit close to a TV screen. Then, when computers came out, it was just fine to stare at CRT from 2-ft away.

Still, nothing wrong with bringing up points that need to be considered about blankets, hi voltage, or whatever with regards to safety. I have often wondered about what effects microprocessors over 1 GHz might have on people. My PC sits on my desk with the case off and the CPU about 2 ft from my head.