Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Electric Blanket Problem Solved

wrote in message ...
On 24 Jan 2016 13:58:23 GMT, Jack Meoff wrote:

"Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote in :

"Micky" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 13:39:52 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 1:57:03 PM UTC-6, Snuffy "Hub
Cap"
McKinney wrote:
I bought an electric blanket, used it for 2 months and it stopped
heating up. I swapped controllers with another of the same blanket
and isolated the problem to the controller. I opened it up, didn't see
anything obviously burned, etc., and was not able to troubleshoot it
without a schematic.

It was after the 30 day return period and the store wouldn't take
it back. Contacted the maker and could not get through by email or
phone.

So I bought another blanket just like it, swapped out the
controller and returned the new blanket for a full refund. Such is
life in the new world of Chinese-made crap.

I know a guy who used to do that with consumer electronics. If he
had one that quit working, he'd buy a new one then put the broken one
in the new packaging after swapping the back cover that had the serial
number then return it for a refund. The guy was always looking for a
way to scam or cheat someone. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Honest Monster

Sounds like he is a crook. Electric blanket is IMO, bad for health.
Exposing body to EM energy. It is known fact people living near the
HT transmission towers have higher rate of cancer.

I think that it's a fact is a myth.

It was never proven about heating blankets either, but they
rearranged the wiring so that adjacent wires negate each other.

I know a fellow who
was a tech on high power radar system, for some reason he was
infertile.

Interesting.

There's a world of difference between a low voltage, low current
heater and a radar system. My dad worked in and around radio
transmitter buildings for 40 years and never had any sign of radiation
or EMF damage/illnesses. He fathered 3 younguns, including me and
none have had any effects of the same. Same for grandchildren. Same
for everyone I have known in the radio/TV business.

Well yes, but you are a thief who scams a store and the subsequent buyer
with you defective returns disguised as new purchase returns.

Not disguised as new purchace return. Returned as defective,
disguised as "in warranty" instead of "out of warranty"

Not honest, but the store doesn't loose, and there is no next customer
involved unless the store cheats and puts the "dud" back on the shelf.

It goes back to the manufacturer/importer of the junk, same as if it
had failed a month or 2 earlier while still under warranty..

Like I said - not honest - not right - but understandable.

The return was within warranty. The mfr would not answer or return calls. Product was returned to the store who had acted as the mfr's agent when it sold the product and is now acting as its agent when it was returned.