Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Myson Velaire boiler deadish

On 24/01/16 20:55, wrote:
If you can take a picture I'm happy to try to help. The three most
common oil leaks on Riello burners are the air slide ram (if fitted),
the pump shaft (often accompanied by a failed pump end motor bearing)
and embrittled oil line flexy hoses especially those with external
metal braid. Oil flexy hoses should be replaced every few years.

Ok. I've got a hospital thingy to get through tomorrow morning, but will
try and get some pikkies so at leasts it should be possible to ID the
burner unit and work out what spares are available.

I think your comment about a broken flame sensor causing immediate
lockout has struck a chord.

It doesn't even seem to want/try to fire up. Pump and fan spin up, then
it goes 'click' and locks out. And wont reset5 for ages.

its shoes.