Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default House door opens by itself from severe cold weather

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 3:33:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:28:30 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

wrote in message

stuff snipped

Hopefully it will work more than once. I have never been happy with
anyhing from HF. But if it solves this horse gate problem, and I have to
throw it away afterwards, I guess it's worth the $32. I was planning to
pay $25 to rent a torch for a day, but the local tool rental place dont
have any torches, except aceteline sp / oxygen cutting torches.

I bought one with the igniter from HF a few years ago and it's been working
fine since I bought it (mine was about $22 on sale). It appears to be well
made and I've used it to melt ice, set my pants leg on fire accidentally
(don't ask) and more. I was afraid if the power went out today that I would
even have to use it to heat the house (wife took strong exception to that
plant).

Thanks, I'll probably get one. At least I know they work. My biggest
complaint with HF is their electrical stuff. Torches are not that
complicated. I was actually considering making one from an old furnace
orfice and some pipe, but just the hose and regulator are over $30.

If you don't trust HF, check Amazon. You'll spend more, but they have a
number of choices.