Jim Yanik

Default 466 TEK Scope problem FOUND! -Question on replacement IC

chris1@oupower_dot_com (Chris) wrote in
om:

Thanks guys, I ordered the MC1458P from Mouser. I should be all set in
a few days when it arrives. I did notice something cool however.

I'm half tempted to try this because I'm anxious to see it work again
and know that I got everything. I'd hate to still have more bad parts
that I have not yet found.

The Op Amp is a DUAL chip. In the schematic it's clearly using the 2nd
amp and the first side seems to be just sitting there. I bet I could
re-wire my current chip to work if I just utilize pins 1, 2, 3 instead
of the 5,6,7 that it is using now.

I'm very tempted to try this. I will still need to use pins 4 and 8
for the Vcc + / - , but as long as those 2 pins are ok, my idea seems
sound that I could just use the other side of the chip *lol*

Your comments are most appreciated

-Chris

I would not substitute other IC types,you can use a generic 1458,dunno
if RS has them.As another has posted,the 1458 is still available,and
inexpensive.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net

Why bother? Go to Radio Shack,see if they have one,or an ECG equivalent
from a local distributor.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net