Andrew Rossmann

Default Adjusting Cassette Player Speed

In article , says...
lukiedog:
BEFORE you adjust anything.... are you certain that the belts are not worn
or slipping and that the lubrication of the mechanism is OK???
There will either be a pot on the main board or a small adjustment hole in
the back of the motor.
Without a test tape or any test equipment ..... exactly how do you propose
getting the speed absolutely correct?

I once adjusted a player by having both a pre-recorded (store bought)
tape and CD that were identical. I would play both at the same time, and
tried to keep them in sync. There's no guarantee that the pre-recorded
tape is exactly the right speed, but it's probably the closest with
spending a lot of money on calibrated tapes and hardware.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross