Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Myson Velaire boiler deadish

On 24/01/16 18:11, wrote:
Can you tell us what make of burner you are referring to? Myson used
a number of variants, most common being Riello. Is the burner
enclosed in a red metal box or is it "bare".

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up somewhere. It looks older
than the generic Riellos I have seen

I'd make a stab in the
dark that it's a bare Riello (same thing inside the red metal case if
thats what you have). If my guess is correct the burner sequence
control is a grey plastic box on top of the burner unit. This box
controls everything and contains the ignition generator, holds the
flame detector photocell etc. If the photocell has suffered heat
damage or has gone short circuit the sequence control will "think" a
flame is present before it should be and go through an abbreviated
sequence to "false light lockout" No ignition spark will be produced
during the run to lockout.

Now that may be a thing to test.

If you have a different model of burner
the story will be slightly different so check and come back. NB the
photocell is a simple plug in unit. However if the problem began with
an oil leak that needs dealing with pdq.

Well I am not sure that that was the original problem. Its always smelt
a bit of oil, but then many boilers do....

If I take a picture, would you be able to help me get to some kind o0f
diagnosis?

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx