Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:47:22 -0000, Your Name wrote:

In article , Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 02:06:08 -0000, Jamie Kahn Genet
wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:40:28 -0000, Jamie Kahn Genet
wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Most people (there are thickos like
you who can't) multitask well, as I just said, it's required to drive,
driving in itself requires several things to be done at once. Adding
one (the phone) to that makes **** all difference.

You're special,

No, I'm normal. People can multitask easily, that's a fact. If you
cannot, you're retarded and unlikely to have passed your driving test, you
couldn't control speed and direction and gears and watch for hazards and
use indicators and operate the wipers etc etc.

People can quickly switch attention easily. They do not multitask well.
It amazes me people still confuse the two. But you're a special
snowflake. Normality doesn't apply to you.

It's s grey area. Does a computer multitask or switch tasks very very fast?
In fact both computers and brains can truly multitask as different parts of
the brain (or different CPU cores and the GPU) can be working simultaneously
on different things. For example, if you're walking along, you can have a
conversation with the person walking next to you, and still manage to make
your footsteps correctly, and avoid any lampposts.

Which helps prove the original point, since many people stupidly using
their cellphones while walking *do* walk into lamposts, into the
street, etc. because they're distracted and so not paying enough
attention to where they're going.

It's not "many", it's just those are the only ones you notice.

so you can multitask perfectly. And even be unaffected
by adding another task to the mix, this one requiring removing a hand
from driving duties and occasional looking away from driving :-D

So does changing gear.

You have to look for the gearstick?

I was of course referring to your hand, which is the main reason they allow
"handsfree" phones.

Do you also believe you don't need to wear a seatbelt?

I never wear a seatbelt unless I'm driving fast in deep snow. The chances
of a bump big enough to need one are remote.

And the world stands shocked, both at your arrogance, and ignorance of
what a seatbelt in a car is primarily for :-D

It's for nasty crashes, what else? And since those don't happen often
(especially in town driving), there's no point in wearing one.

Ahh, a moron without a clue ... at least natural selection will weed
such fools out of the gene pool.

An accident has a certain percentage of happening. I just don't fuss over the very small ones. For example, do you wear a hi vis jacket while walking your dog? Some people do and most don't. Are all the ones that don't morons?

--
While most Americans believe that getting rid of religion is an impossible goal, much of the developed world has already accomplished it. Any account of a €ťgod gene€ś that causes the majority of Americans to helplessly organize their lives around ancient works of religious fiction must explain why so many inhabitants of other First World societies apparently lack such a gene. The level of atheism throughout the rest of the developed world refutes any argument that religion is somehow a moral necessity. Countries like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark and the United Kingdom are among the least religious societies on Earth. According to the United Nations Human Development Report (2005) they are also the healthiest, as indicated by measures of life expectancy, adult literacy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, homicide rate and infant mortality. Conversely, the 50 nations now ranked lowest in
terms of human development are unwaveringly religious.