Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Abysmal workmanship

OFWW wrote:

I'm in Calif. I did commercial industrial HVAC, we had a lot of Hotels
and a few motels under contract for years From SB to SD and to all the
inland area's.

I was writing about the bulk of the jobs on renovations I have
personally seen. Anything new that was computer controlled was done by
outside contractors, but I have seen in house employee's even doing
copper re piping up to 4" dia. Thus circumventing the need for
inspectors.

I really doubt it is much different in Texas, as the major hotels and
motel chains are all controlled by their corporate offices, all who
would squeeze a buffalo nickel until it took a dump.

Failed. I was trying to be humorous with the Texas statement. Guess it
did not come through.

I do agree to some extent with your thoughts on house employees and the
quality of workmanship, but I don't generally see them doing renovations
- repairs, but not renovations. Those are usually contracted out.

--
-Mike-