Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Trumps Tax Plan and why it will work

"rbowman" wrote in message

His electorate is concerned about more down to earth matters and are

content to let the policy wonks play their arcane games. That is until
they lose their jobs because of high sounding trade treaties, see their
mortgage go underwater because of financial manipulations, or see their
neighborhoods turn into third world countries.

I look to Detroit as an example of the failure of the Feds to step in and
fix a national problem. It's clear that when an area loses as many jobs as
Detroit it's no stretch to call it a disaster area. Especially when, as the
car workers retired, many of them sold their houses to Muslims because no
one else would buy them. Creating yet ANOTHER problem.

For the longest time, the Feds (and every other goverment in the world) has
been transferring wealth from the 'have' states to the 'have nots' for the
benefit of the entire country. Detroit saved every US citizen's bacon in
WWII. I would be reluctant to kick it to the curb just because of that, but
we live in a "Sure you saved my life last week, but what have you done for
me lately?" world.

As to who is to blame for Detroit sliding into Somalia status? I'd say the
Chinese and the Japanese. (-:

--
Bobby G.