Jim Yanik

Default 466 TEK Scope problem FOUND! -Question on replacement IC

chris1@oupower_dot_com (Chris) wrote in
om:

Hey guys. I have finally found the bad part in my TEK 466 Scope. It is
the Op amp 156-0158-00 Mini-DIP, Motorola, Op Amp, MC1458P1 it says
RCA 827 at the bottom.

Any idea if I can swap this out with one from Radio Shack? Or does it
have to be a Tektronix one of identical make?

If I can swap it, can someone tell me what 8 pin Op Amp model I can
use instead of this one? And will it affect calibration or should it
be ok? -It's the op amp off of the +15v power supply schematic on my
466 scope.

Thank You,
-Chris

I would not substitute other IC types,you can use a generic 1458,dunno if
RS has them.As another has posted,the 1458 is still available,and
inexpensive.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net