Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Abysmal workmanship

"OFWW" wrote in message ...

If the push bar was 36" then the peep hole looks like about 6 ft from
the photo I saw.

That is about right... perhaps a bit higher.

The room may have been two rooms, turned into one small conference
room, judging by the outlets and blank covers.

It is a very large room with 3 dividers... we had 1/2 of the room.

Not sure what part of the country you are in but I can tell you from
personal experience that most of it was just modified, with limited
remod. Typically they use their maintenance staff, and perhaps some
additional ones, looking for new hires. 90% of the redo's are just foo
foo stuff, wall paper, paint, beds, furniture and TV's. Re decorating
in large conference rooms, and only what mechanical stuff is actually
broken down and determined to be needed. Nowadays a lot of maintenance
staffing in the west are illegal's, and just a few tradesmen.

The Capital District in upstate NY.

This was a gut job... they completely shut it down and tore everything out
except the structure itself... new windows, doors, bathrooms, exterior,
interior, mechanicals. I can see the place from my office, including the
roof as I'm 3 stories higher up than the roof of the place, and could see
the demo and reconstruction progress. I am familiar with other facilities
that were cosmetic as you describe... and am very familiar with one close to
my home that was rebranded just last year that wasn't quite a gut job. This
as they had renovated the place maybe 10 years ago and had replaced windows,
doors, etc. then.