Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow Blower Seems To Have Lost Power ?

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 18:25:16 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/23/2016 2:44 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
12 HP Honda single - BCS walkbehind, single-stage snowblower attachment.

Crude as it is, this thing has always been something of a beast....
chewing it's way through all kinds of stuff.

Had it out for a couple hours today in 18-24" of the white and fluffy...
and it seems to me like it's only putting out maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of it's
usual power.

Along with that, something has frozen in the throttle linkage so it only
goes full-bore.... got it in the garage thawing out right now.

Assuming the throttle linkage is a separate/unrelated issue, can anybody
suggest what I am looking for to explain the power loss ?

No smoke, so I am guessing I haven't broken a ring...

My first thoughts are to examine the simple
things. Air filter? Fuel filter? Water in
the fuel? Always inspect the spark plug.
Oil level full?

Online troubleshooting manual maybe out there
for you? Did you read your own manual that came
with the machine?

No air filter on snow blowers, generally