Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default (OT) WTF is this?

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Per :
That's amazing. Apparently there are a lot of kids with a lot of money
to blow.

That makes me think of another reason never to watch "Live" TV - only
recorded TV: if I had kids, I would not want them to see commercials -
period.

Viewing only recorded and either fast-forwarding commercials or telling
the software to not record then; I don't think I have seen more than 15
seconds of any commercial for at least the past five years - maybe more
- and I do not understand why more people do not use their TVs in that
manner.

I wish my Comcast box would pass commercials. I just fast forward. There is
one for a credit card which I loath and have trouble pushing the button fast
enough. Also Comcast has this special feature of latency. It starts
recording the program about 30 seconds early and consequently ends the
recording 30 seconds early. The last few seconds where the narrator gives a
resolution gets cut off. If you add a minute to the recording time then that
bleeps up a subsequent recording because it only records two at one. If I
could get a better system I would, why should this be a problem with
computers doing all the work? Any ideas?

--
Tekkie