Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default (OT) WTF is this?

Per :
Most commercial skip algorithms work by analysing "fade to black"
intervals but those 3 minute drug commercials trick that and some
shows use short black outs you miss,
I use the manual skip.

Same here.... SageTV.

But when I was in the early days of this I fooled around with a Linux
app called "MythTV" and was amazed at how accurate it's automagic
skipping was. No clue how it worked, but it sure did work.

The functionality is available in Sage as an add-on, but I find that
fast forwarding becomes trivial once I get a feel for the break lengths
and program two lengths of skip: 60 seconds and 10 seconds.
--
Pete Cresswell