Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Snow Blower Seems To Have Lost Power ?

12 HP Honda single - BCS walkbehind, single-stage snowblower attachment.

Crude as it is, this thing has always been something of a beast....
chewing it's way through all kinds of stuff.

Had it out for a couple hours today in 18-24" of the white and fluffy...
and it seems to me like it's only putting out maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of it's
usual power.

Along with that, something has frozen in the throttle linkage so it only
goes full-bore.... got it in the garage thawing out right now.

Assuming the throttle linkage is a separate/unrelated issue, can anybody
suggest what I am looking for to explain the power loss ?

No smoke, so I am guessing I haven't broken a ring...

--
Pete Cresswell