Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default (OT) WTF is this?

On 01/22/2016 10:04 PM, Retired wrote:
On 1/22/16 10:44 PM, wrote:
They keep putting these extremely retarded commericals on TV for "Candy
Crush". Apparently they are some sort of game for smartphones. (That'
all I can make of them). I dont have (or want) a smartphone. Nor would I
want those retarded games. But I have to wonder how much money they
cost, because tv commercials are not cheap, and they are on very often.

Those games must cost a fortune!

Read this article. You won't believe the amount of money they take in
from just 2.3% of the millions of players.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...yers-855m-2014

Wow

Though I of course have a computer and use Facebook to keep up with my
friends I absolutely do not play any of those games.

I have no TV or Smartphone so don't get bombarded with a whole load of
crap.

One weakness though:

If I feel the need to play some type of game I still have a 25 year old
(maybe older) version of Tetris. To this day I've never beaten my
daughter's high score and I feel as I get older my chances keep diminishing.