Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Manual can openers working poorly

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:28:03 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 06:03:53 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Ignoramus28209 fired this volley in
:

Looking at that can (Carnation condensed milk), I doubt that any
similar can opener can actually open them reliably.

Wait... 'evaporated milk' has the oddball cans with almost no lip. The
condensed milk (sweetened condensed milk) has a pretty normal can with a
substantial ring at the top, and can be properly opened with a rotary can
opener.

I remember the no-lip cans, but I have Carnation cans of both
evaporated and condensed in the cupboard, and I see that they both
have lips. But the lips are thin and a little shallow.

Again, "just punch two holes in the son-of-a-bitch." g (As if there
should be any question, that was not a real ad jingle.)

Although the "poem" is usually attributed to western cowboys in the
late 1800's :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.