Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rural mailbox

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/22/2016 08:00 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per KenK:
Mailperson put the flag up when you received mail, instead of
putting it down when outgoing mail was picked ip. Makes more sense
to me. Probably amother false memory. Comments?

Around here (suburban, not rural), the flag is always used to signal
outgoing mail and the carrier flips it down when he picks up the
mail. So, pending a conversation with the carrier, maybe the solution is
for the resident to always flip the flag up when they collect mail -
whether there is outgoing or not.... and have the carrier, as usual,
flip it down when they deliver.

I'm in a suburban neighborhood, and the mail carrier usually ignores
the red flag. Doesn't stop unless there's mail to be delivered.
Almost never puts the flag down afterward.

Ever leave him cookies ? Maybe a bag of fresh-picked muscadines ? We get
superb service here , I'm on a first-name basis with my mail carrier .
A couple of fresh cucumbers goes a long ways ...
--
Snag