Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default DOOR BELL SAGA - PART II

Kate wrote:
I decided to start a new post as an update.

I am waiting for a call from the electrician to trouble shoot my
problem with the door bell light going out every two months or so.

Someone suggested that I call the company that makes the doorbell
kit. I did, and they told me that they have never had a problem
where the diode takes out a push button light. Their guess is that I
have too large of a transformer powering my chime and push button,
just as many have mentioned on this site.

I am now sitting here and wondering why my back door bell button
light has never burned out, and yet the front door one has been
replaced a lot.

Can anyone tell me if this still sounds like a transformer problem?
I wish I would have thought of this earlier and asked the guy who
helped me on the phone.

Sorry to be such a pest.

Thanks everyone!

Just make sure that the switch light is rated for the voltage of your system.