Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:40:28 -0000, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Most people (there are thickos like
you who can't) multitask well, as I just said, it's required to drive,
driving in itself requires several things to be done at once. Adding
one (the phone) to that makes **** all difference.

You're special,

No, I'm normal. People can multitask easily, that's a fact. If you cannot, you're retarded and unlikely to have passed your driving test, you couldn't control speed and direction and gears and watch for hazards and use indicators and operate the wipers etc etc.

so you can multitask perfectly. And even be unaffected
by adding another task to the mix, this one requiring removing a hand
from driving duties and occasional looking away from driving :-D

So does changing gear.

Do you also believe you don't need to wear a seatbelt?

I never wear a seatbelt unless I'm driving fast in deep snow. The chances of a bump big enough to need one are remote.

A helmet while biking?

Cycling or motorbiking?

A safety line while up high?

Depends how well I can hold onto things. Am I using lots of tools which need a hand or two?

Heh. Of course not.

Invalid assumption.

It's only other
people who do not perform perfectly, have accidents, and have to have
society deal with the consequences. Stupid other people! Why can't they
be more like you?

Meanwhile back in reality... :-)

You're clearly a **** driver and are making yourself feel better by claiming many others are the same. The fact remains the vast majority of people never have anything more than a minor bump in their entire life of driving.

--
Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe - Frank Zappa