Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 02:33:49 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/21/2016 3:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Your second paragraph explains my point well. Only a complete and utter
moron will prioritise a phonecall over driving. In everyday life, we
are constantly prioritising without even thinking about it. And there
is no reason to penalise sensible folk by making it illegal to do two
things at once, just because a few morons are incapable of it. If I'm
driving along with my phone to my ear, and I need to swerve round
something, I will simply drop the phone. I have done so in the past.

Good for you. Not everyone thinks like that.

Then they will die. No big deal.

I don't think phones should be banned, but drivers must be educated.

Just let the **** ones write their cars off.

There are times I call home to see what's for dinner, other time I would
ignore it due to traffic conditions..

Sometimes I can't get the damn thing out of my pocket without standing up.

Texting is a different situation. I never look at my phone while driving.

I do and have. In fact I've done 90mph on a motorway while texting with a broken arm.

--
Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip