Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Muggles[_7_] Muggles[_7_] is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 1/21/2016 9:13 PM, Your Name wrote:
In article
,
Muggles wrote:
On 1/21/2016 1:46 PM, nospam wrote:

several car makers have announced autonomous functionality as soon as
the 2017 model year.

I've seen a lot of testing going on with such things, but I still thinks
it's a decade or more away from fully autonomous cars being the norm on
the roads.

The manufacturers currently (and of course plans may change) have a
range of dates for introducing self-driving cars. Some are talking
about 2020 while others are saying 2025 or later.

The reality is that no matter when (or if) these cars do get released,
they will be so hideously expensive to begin with that there will be
very few of them on the roads and it'll take another 5-10 years for the
technology starts to trickle down to more "normal" cars, and a further
10-20+ years before the majority of cars on roads are self-driving.

Even then, many of the manufacturers are planning to have their cars
include self-driving as an option and leaving it up to the driver
whether or not they want to be in control on a journey-by-journey
basis.

It's going to be a long long time before *all* cars on the road are
self-driving.

I imagine it's a thing of the future, but not sure I'll get to see it
happen as a normal thing.

--
Maggie