Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Muggles[_7_] Muggles[_7_] is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 1/21/2016 8:02 PM, nospam wrote:
In article
,
Muggles wrote:

I'm somewhat skeptical as the viability and effectiveness, at least any
time soon.

why?

it only needs to be better than human drivers, which unfortunately, is
not all that difficult.

Quite often software fails, gets hacked, or simply doesn't work like
it's supposed to work.

not as often as humans fail.

nothing is perfect, but as long as it does better, it's a win, and
since drunk driving, texting, falling asleep, etc., will no longer
happen, that's rather easy to do.

keep in mind that autonomous vehicles will have radar, lidar and video
scanning 360 degrees non-stop, which means it will be able to see
things humans could never see, particularly at night and also in fog.

I guess I just don't trust the technology to not be hackable.

--
Maggie