Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 1/21/2016 3:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Your second paragraph explains my point well. Only a complete and utter
moron will prioritise a phonecall over driving. In everyday life, we
are constantly prioritising without even thinking about it. And there
is no reason to penalise sensible folk by making it illegal to do two
things at once, just because a few morons are incapable of it. If I'm
driving along with my phone to my ear, and I need to swerve round
something, I will simply drop the phone. I have done so in the past.

Good for you. Not everyone thinks like that.

I don't think phones should be banned, but drivers must be educated.
There are times I call home to see what's for dinner, other time I would
ignore it due to traffic conditions..

Texting is a different situation. I never look at my phone while driving.