Posted to alt.home.repair
E. Robinson E. Robinson is offline

Default Circuit breaker keeps tripping

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:00:29 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have a BSEE. I had it before I owned a house. I couldn't spell Romex until I
bought a house, realized that I needed more circuits and started learning
about home wiring, on my own and with help from this ng, 30+ years ago.

Exactly my point!

Here is my Spice circuit simulation book next to the home breaker panel:
https://i.imgur.com/60Qidcn.jpg

Does anyone think this transient analysis will help me debug my wiring?
https://i.imgur.com/qFgZCHe.jpg

Just because one of the E's stands for "Electrical" it doesn't mean that
home wiring, car wiring, boat wiring, etc. is even mentioned, never mind
taught. I can't recall one course that would have led to me consider
pulling the cover off of the breaker panel, loosening that little screw
and pulling out the black wire to test a breaker.

Exactly my point.

Here is my book on design of Phase Locked Loops.
https://i.imgur.com/d3sGHHM.jpg

Does anyone think this waveform information will help me debug my panel?
https://i.imgur.com/GnqfSkx.jpg

Do you think a person with a Hydraulic Engineering degree automatically
knows how to sweat pipe? They learn all about water don't they?

Do you think that a person with Aerospace Engineering degree automatically
know hows to fix a jet engine? They learn all about air and space travel,
don't they?

Exactly my point.

Here is my book on VLSI Engineering next to the panel?
https://i.imgur.com/lTGthZ7.jpg

Does anyone think these pages on doping will help me debug my home wiring?
https://i.imgur.com/PfCVxGA.jpg