Posted to alt.home.repair
E. Robinson E. Robinson is offline

Default Circuit breaker keeps tripping

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 05:27:30 -0800, bob_villain wrote:

Isn't *that* what he's saying, and why he is asking questions? Jezus!

Thank you for understanding.

To know the electrical equations that are involved in making
a motor spin doesn't mean I know jack **** in practical
terms about fixing electrical motors.

Since *all* the wiring was hidden, and since there was obviously
a dead short *somewhere*, I was asking for hints on how to find
that.

Sure, Ohms law is telling me that the current shoots up when
the short causes near-zero impedance, but, heck, that doesn't
tell me practically how to test for the short.

BTW, the trick of shutting off the mains and then testing the
circuit seems to be a great time saver for testing the breaker
itself.

They do *not* teach you that stuff in college.