Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT First step in letting rapists come to UK uncovered.

On 21/01/2016 16:49, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 21 January 2016 11:07:01 UTC, wrote:
On 21/01/2016 10:31, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "Nightjar
cpb" "insert my surname here.me.uk" wrote:

If we choose to annoy the EU by leaving, expect much more stringent
application of new rules.

How can they apply rules to us if we're not a member?

They can negotiate with us just as they do with any other country.

They can refuse to make a deal with us unless we agree to their rules.
We are not so important a customer to the EU that they have to make a
deal with us regardless.

Yes we are.
We are only behind Germany in terms ofeconomic importance.
They might even be behind us now in view of the latest madness

EU exports to the UK are around 3% of the EU GDP. Only Ireland and
Cyprus and possibly the Netherlands would seriously miss us as a trading
partner.

--
Colin Bignell