Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Capacitor Venting

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:30:23 -0500, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Feel the capacitors and find which one is getting hot. An IR heat gun
may be better to keep the shock hazzard down.

I'm not really happy about prodding around this thing while it's running
for that reason. I've tried feeling for hot caps after switching it off
again, but at 150V I'm guessing it's not enough to heat the dud cap up
enough to be able to feel the difference. I have tried using a temp
sensor & DVM to check for heating but that proved inconclusive as well.