Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Heat pumps

On 1/20/16 4:12 PM, TimR wrote:
On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 2:12:23 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:

My general contractor-- a guy who's being doing excellent work for me
for over 30 years-- says he's never met a homeowner who ended up happy
with a heat pump. He quit installing them many years ago.

Comfort and low cost to operate - what's not to like? I wouldn't want one in Wisconsin but about anywhere south of there they work fine.

Er, provided you size them correctly and install them correctly. I know you're happy with your contractor but perhaps this wasn't his skill set.

Considering the comments to my post...could be...

--
“You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.”
- Andrew Carnegie