Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Circuit breaker keeps tripping

"trader_4" wrote in message

It's all about poles and zeros and Kirchoff's law and
fourier transforms and delta/Y transformers and Spice
simulations and diffusion doping and Maxwell's equations
and Coulomb's law and Faraday's Law and Ohm's law,
and c=dv/dt and phase diagrams and polar plots,
and cascade versus cascode configurations and
emitters and gates, etc.

Nothing whatsoever about typical mains wiring.

Ohm's Law and all the rest of the basics don't apply to how to debug
what amounts to a fancy switch? Good grief.

I can understand that. Just because one knows the theory about things does
not mean he will have trouble shooting abilities even on something simple.
I doubt the EE degree even mentions home wireing or simple breakers for the
house. I went to a 2 year technical college for electronics engineering and
did not get into the simple things. Lots of time on theory and none on how
to repair things that did not work.

I went to work in a large plant and delt with things as large as 480 volt 3
phaase at 500 amps. Almost nothing in the plant ran on 120 volts except in
some offices, so did not get much about the simple things you would find
around the house.