Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Paul M. Cook[_2_] Paul M. Cook[_2_] is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make adifference

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:23:52 -0600, Muggles wrote:

People are going to do stupid things when they drive, and get distracted
by something eventually. I don't know if the solutions is to totally
ban the usage of any phone while driving regardless of the technology,
or adapt to the technology as it makes cars safer to drive.

If you're gonna ban cellphones, you may as well ban GPS.
And coffee.
And radio dials.
And that damn defroster button (now where is it?)
Oh, and ban crying babies.
And dogs.
And, while you're at it, let's ban wives who nag incessantly.
Certainly let's ban putting on makeup (unless it's hands free).
Or, reading a map (unless it's also hands free).
Let's ban coffee hotter than 120 degrees or more than 3/4 full.
Since we're banning distractions, we have to ban loud music.
And about ten thousand other common distractions.