Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 2016-01-20, Muggles wrote:

Sneezing while driving is just as bad as any other distraction, I think,

I have to disagree with that conclusion since it happens fairly quickly
and doesn't require as much cognitive distraction as other things.
Having sex while driving would be *much* worse, for instance. ; ) I can
tell you from direct observation that even something seemingly
innocuous as someone discussing complex details of a software defect and
remedy while driving is extremely distracting and dangerous. I was
once on a conference call where a coworker almost hit a school bus while
trying to describe an integration issue to the rest of the team. People
do all sorts of asinine distracting and potentially dangerous things
while driving. Sneezing doesn't seem like it should be very high on that
list to me.

Well, it probably doesn't happen often, but someone once crashed into
my parked car because they happened to sneeze just before reaching my
car along a residential street (with many parked cars).

Repairs to my car took several weeks.

Martin