Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

On 1/20/2016 8:06 PM, nospam wrote:

the pickup driver has some responsibility.

Really? Two lanes, no shoulder, no place to go. Were you a witness?
What should he have done?

were you?

were either drivers driving too fast for conditions? were there other
factors involved? was the driver of the truck not paying attention? did
the truck cross the centerline?

drivers who don't pay attention while driving will find ways to not pay
attention *without* phones.

Truck and car were both at reasonable speed, clear day, no traffic. She
drifted over in front of the truck mid-text. Evidence was on her phone.
I did not see it happen, but saw the cars before the police got there.

True, but the ones on phones make more mistakes.

no they don't.

a phone is just one way to be distracted.

other ways include eating, popping in a cd/tape, putting on makeup,
reading a newspaper or map, turning to yell at a screaming child and
many other things.

why single out only cellphones??

Because that is the subject of this thread. Some people think they are
harmless. Yes, there are many other distractions this just adds more.
I've seen more cell phone users weaving than burger eaters but they
exist too.