Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Frank Slootweg
wrote:

Like today: Van driver texting, swerving all over the road,
accelerating and slowing down all the time. But nah, that's not
dangerous at all! He just needed two lanes instead of one and he just
*nearly* hit me, so that doesn't count! So what the heck are we whinging
about!?

he might have (and probably would have) done the same thing without a
phone.

****ty drivers don't need phones to be ****ty drivers.

And by the way, Mr. Kook is quite right, cell phone use does not
affect accident statistics in a negative way,

his point is that it's not *just* cellphones, it's many things (eating,
reading newspaper, fumbling with cd/tape player, driving under the
influence of alcohol or other medication, etc.), so why focus *only* on
cellphones and not the other stuff.

the problem is distracted driving.

just like ABS doesn't
affect them in a positive way! It's all BS! So listen to Mr. Kook and
STFU!

actually, it doesn't. that's yet another myth.

with abs, people think that abs will save them, so they tend to drive
in a more risky manner and end up in bad situations more often. the net
effect is no real change in crash rates.

BULL****.