Posted to alt.home.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default DOOR BELL SAGA - PART II

"Kate" wrote in message

I decided to start a new post as an update.

I am waiting for a call from the electrician to trouble shoot my problem
with the door bell light going out every two months or so.

Someone suggested that I call the company that makes the doorbell kit. I
did, and they told me that they have never had a problem where the diode
takes out a push button light. Their guess is that I have too large of a
transformer powering my chime and push button, just as many have mentioned
on this site.

I am now sitting here and wondering why my back door bell button light has
never burned out, and yet the front door one has been replaced a lot.

Can anyone tell me if this still sounds like a transformer problem? I wish
I would have thought of this earlier and asked the guy who helped me on the
phone.

Sorry to be such a pest.

Thanks everyone!

Kate

Ok Kate you have stated that you was told that push button may have diode
with in
Normally Diode is use in rectifier circuit, it means that it changes AC
voltage to DC
voltage, now if you have diode there originally it is possible that is use
to drop voltage
however it would be use to drop voltage power only, on the pilot light, it
would
operate "like this" when button is press light button/switch light will go
out, and
when switch/button would let go it would come back on. this is only thing I
could think.
I am not there without being there with instruments to diagnosed
problem????????