Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Heat pumps

"TimR" wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 2:12:23 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:

My general contractor-- a guy who's being doing excellent work for me
for over 30 years-- says he's never met a homeowner who ended up happy
with a heat pump. He quit installing them many years ago.

Comfort and low cost to operate - what's not to like? I wouldn't want one
in Wisconsin but about anywhere south of there they work fine.

Er, provided you size them correctly and install them correctly. I know
you're happy with your contractor but perhaps this wasn't his skill set.

Guess that it depends on where one is at. I am happy with mine and so are
lots of others in the area. Most days are above 30 deg F in the winter. It
does get cold at night. Last two nights was about 15 deg and with the
thermostat set at 68 during the night, it seemed to stay there during the
night.

If one is where it is below 25 deg most of the winter, then it may pay to
look into other sources of heat, or if the electricity is very expensive.