Posted to alt.home.repair
E. Robinson E. Robinson is offline

Default Circuit breaker keeps tripping

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 04:24:55 -0500, Dick Phallic wrote:

I'd start by disconnecting the load at the breaker and then see if the breaker still trips.

If the breaker is OK, then I'd start removing and disconnecting outlets and switches on the affected circuit until I found the problem.

You didn't recently nail/screw/install something on a wall, did you?

To "disconnect the load at the breaker", do you mean that I should just
physically *remove* the breaker, and see if it trips on its own, in
my hands?

To "disconnect outlets and switches", do you mean to pull them out of the
wall, one by one, disconnecting the hot wire only? (Would that be enough?)

No, I didn't recently install anything (that I know of).