Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default 1 inch speaker problem

First time I've been hands on these sorts of speakers. Tinsel wire
pigtails are more circumferential rather than large speaker more
axial/radial but evenly spaced so unlikely knocking against VC or
surround, but I may decide on a dab of lacquer on those in case they are
resonating in use and then touching, well hardly hifi speakers anyway.
26mm diameter metal part 31mm diameter plastic surround for the
suspension and onward fixing. The glue may have softnened holding hte
plastic surround into the body of the donut as very easy to remove, so
hotmelt will go in there on replacement. Also one of the little crimp
shoes came off very easily. I'll swap over the "mid" and "treble" ones,
both 4R in series , so 8R to the amp , but 47uF over one of them. Amp is
little fine pitched leadout flip chip for 4R bass speaker and 2x2 of
these little speakers, bolted to a little vaned heatsink
There is no slot in the magnet, just a cup it seems, so unlikely the VC
is rubbing on anything and seems good bond to the cone/dome sounder
section.
Suspension looks good.
I'll give a blast through with 1KW Martindale blower , hopefully
dislodge any swarf inside the magnet cup and hope they survive that as
still no like for like replacements found.