Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Paul M. Cook wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote

In the case of the girl killed on the street behind my house, she
still had the phone in her hand. Went into a Ford F250 head on.

I can probably find a case where eating a banana caused an
accident where the driver was found with a banana in her hand.

You can certainly find plenty that were due to someone
actually stupid enough to eat while driving.

Your anecdote is just that. An anecdote.

Wrong, its a fact.

It's "bro science" for the masses.
Not real science.

Wrong, as always.

Read this:
How Anecdotal Evidence Can Undermine Scientific Results
Why subjective anecdotes often trump objective data
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...tific-results/

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Or this:
Seeing is Not Always Believing: Why Anecdotal Evidence is Not Proof
http://osmosis-online.com/2010/01/09...-is-not-proof/

Ditto.