Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
worldhosting.com...
On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 20:41:51 -0500, Porky Pig wrote:

Except, where are the accidents everyone seems to say are *caused*
by driving while using a cell phone?

The *accidents* don't seem to exist.

How would anyone ever know?
Would anyone be stupid enough to admit their texting caused an accident?

Yes officer, the accident was all my fault.
I was busy texting instead of paying attention to the road.

How would anyone ever know?

By checking if the phone was being used at the time of the accident, stupid.

Are you crazy?

No need to ask if your are a bare faced liar, the answer is obvious.

If there were more accidents,

There are.

they'd show up in the accident reports.

They do.

Accident reports have been compiled accurately in the USA for decades.

And the increase in accidents due to those actually stupid enough
to use their phones while driving has been swamped by the reduction
in accidents due to the better design of the roads and the rate of
injury to those in the car by the better design of the cars.