Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Jamie Kahn Genet Jamie Kahn Genet is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

Paul M. Cook wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:29:14 +0000, chris wrote:

Nope. They tested explicitly whether certain factors affected car crash
related hospitalisations. The texting ban as well as seatbelt laws had a
significant effect in reducing hospitalisations.

But there was absolutely no relationship to ACCIDENTS!

I wonder if the answer is as simple as those accidents that had no
cell phone in the vehicle were unable to easily summon the ambulance.

We all know that millions upon millions of people go to the hospital
after an accident simply because they want to establish that their
neck hurt (especially if they were the ones rear ended).

We'd have to look but I wonder if simply having the phone in the
car made all the difference to the data but AFTER the accident.

Anyway, it's moot really, because they could find NO EVIDENCE of
increased accidents, so, they're just bull****ting the data because
without accidents, you have no injuries.

I have to wonder at people who think not looking at the road and
thinking about something else as well, isn't dangerous.

I reckon next time they go to their doctor, the doc should TXT while
examining them. I'm sure that won't lead to any misdiagnoses ;-)