Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Update: Three phase wiring question

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 11:26:49 -0800 (PST)
rangerssuck wrote:

snip
So, I was at the factory today to fix something completely
unrelated, but I threw the phase detector in my toolbag
just for the hell of it. Having taken care of today's
issues, I spent some time with the maintenance mechanic
talking about their three-phase issues. It turns out (as
it usually does) to be more complicated than originally
stated:

snip
But it was good today to see that the little $20 meter
gave good, believable readings.

Good to hear. After reading a few reviews for some of the less
expensive testers via Amazon people were having trouble with them.
Or they didn't know how to use them. One can never be sure ;-)

Thanks for the followup!

With the current prices, functions/abilities they have, I would get one
if I was still doing that kind of work.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b