Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Two captcha questions

On 1/19/2016 3:12 AM, Ken Cito wrote:
I wonder how they even FIND these numbers, automatically anyway?

If they can commit an INSTRUMENTED VEHICLE PLUS DRIVER for the
TIME IT TAKES TO DRIVE AROUND to the task of *acquiring* the
images, imagine how many computers they can devote to the task
of analyzing the images *from* those vehicles!

As I said, previously, recognizing MACHINE PRODUCED digits
(house numbers tend to be things that are purchased and affixed
to something, not *hand drawn*!).

Wanna bet you can replace your house number with ROMAN NUMERALS
and the next time around, they'll still get it correctly? I.e.,
if their recognizer can't produce a result with a high degree
of confidence, they can lookup the house number that was at
this location LAST TIME they ran the program to see if it can
enhance the recognize result. And, if that fails, send the image
to a human to analyze (assuming they really care that much).