Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Structured Media Cabinet

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
If WiFi will be involved (and I can't imagine it won't be) then placing
the
router where the "cable, phone and or satalite (sic) dish is going to come
into the basement" is not the best idea.

If you DAGS on anything related to router placement, you will find that
High is better than Low and that Center may even be better depending on
where the devices will be used.

Some interesting "signal strength maps" can be found he

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-strength.html

That guy spent all that time and effort to show what many people already
know.

While it may be that the center of the house is beter for the signal
strength, unless it is a very large house there will probably be enough
nomater where the wifi is placed. I know one fellow that put his in the
basement just to keep the signal down so others could not 'hear' it. If in
a development it may be beter to keep signals from other wifi systems from
causing problems. Not that they will get into the system, but by being on
the same frequency.

My house is over 200 feet from the nearest house so I don't have much of a
problem to worry about.