Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What Can Cause A Shower Trap To Empty Out?

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 8:37:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:55:10 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Since the house was empty for a few months before the sewer work was done,
and we don't recall the gurgling happening prior to that, I'm wondering
if the issue is related to that work. Could they have done something to the
sewers at the street that is causing a pressure related situation
and sucking the trap dry? Is a descendant of Daniel Bernoulli squatting in
the house when we are not there? ;-)

The Sewer Rats were disturbed when the sewer work was done and they are
escaping by going into smaller private pipes. Your shower trap is
perfect for their escape. They just splash thru that small amount of
water and they are inside your house and free. Rats hide well, so you
rarely see them. Look for rat droppings under cabinets and such places.

How do I tell the difference between the Sewer Rats and the rats that were
already there?

Oh wait...I know! The Sewer Rats will be sliced up into little round cylinders
caused by squeezing through the holes in the drain cover.