Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Furnace metal-on-metal noise

On 1/18/2016 10:09 AM, wrote:
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 11:58:40 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 9:14:55 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:
I would think some electrical tape or similar would work too. With that
on the edge of the metal door/cover, I wouldn't be worried about fire.
When the door is in place, no flame should be anywhere near it and it's
sandwiched between the metal of the door and cabinet, not exposed, when
it's installed.

My choice would be the fuzzy side of self-adhesive backed Velcro.

If this is just a minor noise, my advise would be to leave it alone until
warmer weather. If it ain't broke....

In the middle of winter, the last thing you want to do is break something
that didn't need fixing M

It's a *door* rubbing on the frame (or the other door). Not much that
can get busted trying to silence that!