Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default eReader options

rbowman posted for all of us...

On 01/16/2016 01:52 PM, Don Y wrote:
From your past comments, you probably don't have a lot of LOCAL options
to buy those things? In a city of half a million -- in a metro area
of a million -- we have a fair bit more "local choices", I suspect.

Well, we do have a Harbor Freight What more could you want? And HF
definitely is a place where I want to hold and interview the merchandise.

The basics are here; just don't get off the beaten track. Or bring your
own tube of vaseline if you're looking for a HDMI cable or such.

Large metros have both better selections and better prices. I don't care
that much for the company but even for something like the new Cabelas in
town, my gut impression from a quick walk through was it wasn't as well
stocked as the one in Glendale.

Even that is a case in point. I bought a Kershaw knife that was labeled
as 'reversible' for $70. Of course with the blister pack you can't tell
much but when I got home I found 'reversible' meant changing the clip
for point up or point down carry in your right hand pocket. So I hit the
internet to see if there was a left handed model. Turns out there isn't
but I saw it on Amazon for $38.13. So it meant a trip back to Cabelas,
on the wrong side of town, to get my $70 back.

I don't know if it would be cheaper in Glendale. I've never found
Cabelas to be very competitive.

Cabela's has one of their "mega" stores near me. Their prices are never the
greatest unless it's on sale. If you like firearms you are in heaven-as long
you don't go Saturday. Then buy it at better price at your favorite dealer.
Their clothes selection used to be good but now sucks, at least from my
wifes and my view. They don't pay employees enough; even in this remote
area; to get and keep help. The proposed buyout from Bass Pro Shops has not
helped their business. It's sad. You can carry concealed.
--
Tekkie