Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default eReader options

On 01/17/2016 02:11 PM, Don Y wrote:
Here, all Mexican. Though I've found a few "passable" chinese joints.

We have some good Thai restaurants even though most are run by Hmong
trying to pass. One local Hmong dynasty dropped their restaurant and now
specialize in outdoor events. They also expanded to teriyaki and Dutch
funnel cakes. Whatever sells and they can follow a recipe book as well
as anyone.

When I lived in Dover, NH there was a large Greek community. Again most
that entered the restaurant business passed as Italian. That upset me
since I like Greek food.

There is one decent Mexican restaurant run by actual Mexicans. They went
the other way, starting with a roach coach and eventually finding a
permanent home.

It's a hard market. The ethnic communities are very small and the rest
of the market wants something exotic -- but not too exotic. I really
miss the India Pavilion in Cambridge; I worked on Mem Ave and could walk
to Central Square for lunch.